Thursday, August 9, 2012

I HATE TUNA!

Which side of the fence do you sit? I sit on the "Tuna is cat food" side! I can't stand tuna and when I say tuna I mean the tinned stuff of course. I will be honest and say I have never tried fresh tuna but one day I promise I will just to say I have.

I just can not stand the smell, taste or texture of the canned stuff. I am sorry but if something is so similar to something we feed our pets why would we want to eat it?



Now I know a lot of you are on going to be sitting on the "I love Tuna" side and that is perfectly fine, each to their own I always say. This blog is not about hating tuna so much as showing my frustration at the fact that nearly every single wellness eating plan I have read has a butt load of tuna. Why, I ask, why? Alright I totally get that it's a great heatlhy option to eat but well what about us poor suckers who can not stand the stuff???? Are we destined to be fat and unheatlhy due to our taste buds? How can we retrain ourselves to eat heatlhy without jamming this horrid food down our throats? Seriously this stuff makes me gag so much. Recently I picked up a piece of sandwich from a mixed platter thinking it was ham and tomato only to realise after the first bite that it was in fact TUNA. Unfortunately due to where I was at the time, spitting the mouthful across the room, in disgust, was not an option and I had to swallow hard then move to the closest bin where the remaining sandwich was quickly discarded.
 

So if you sit on my side of the fence please join my journey to clean eating and if you have some alternative suggestions to tuna I would love for you to share them.

Take Care
Renee

3 comments:

Kelli - Twist of Citrus said...

I can sympathise with that, I'm another person who hates tuna, and it does feature in so many heathy eating plans, makes life difficult.

Gemma@prettybobbins said...

I really like a healthy eating plan I found through the woman's weekly cookbooks. Whilst there a range of options for lunch (probably including tuna) I'm a routine kind of girl so I went with my favourite option every day. A wrap with a small bit f ham, grated zucchini, basil and a tiny bit of cream cheese. No tuna in sight! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG Yes!! Tuna or any canned fish is most certainly cat food!! yuk yuk yuk!! LOL

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs