Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thursday Gardening Journal - Magic In Our Garden

So a lovely little blog I read in my down time, haha jokes I do not get down time and if I do my eyes are shut tight. Any who as I was saying I really do enjoying following Rach over at Squiggly Rainbow. Her terrariums are AWESOME!!! I can not wait to buy one of her kits and set up for the kids, maybe Santa could bring one.

On her blog, Rach has started Thursday Gardening Journal.



I love this idea for a couple of reasons; 1. I need to post more often but do not often have the time nor energy to think of witty (I think I'm witty even if others don't) content in the hopes of amusing anyone who might happen to read my blog and 2. I have fallen in love with the idea of starting our own sustainable urban/micro farm so linking up to TGJ will give me the motivation to see this latest fad of mine become more than a "Flight of Fancy". Wow that was a long sentence, oh how my English teacher must be cringing at the thought of me lose behind a keyboard. My Secretrial Studies teacher, on the other hand, would be totally stoked with my mad type skills.

About two weeks I had the sudden urge to pull out the adorable Tinkerbell Fairy Garden set I had bought from Little Green Fairies a while ago for Lil Miss.



Instead of just give Lil Miss the lovely little package I decided it would be fun and exciting if I gradually added parts of the kit every few days, of course missing those days she was a complete Diva and didn't deserve to have fairies living in her garden.

Off we went to our local nursery and selected half a dozen pretty coloured flower plants. After I eventually remembered to buy potting mix, oops my bad again, we got our hands dirty and arranged the plants in a large pink (of course) tub.


Over the next week and a half the fairies started to make themselves right at home and Lil Miss was thrilled to check out the latest construction efforts each morning.


I even had a little fun using my new iPhone macro len too;





This past Tuesday, after cleaning and sorting her room while she was at daycare, I left her a little surprise for her to find on her return home. On the off chance you do not speak Fairy, the little note reads "Sprinkle some fairy dust, chime the bell and soon we will have all moved in, Love The Fairies".


So not wanting to offend the fairy gods we set about sprinkle dust and ring chiming bells all over the backyard.


Boy, oh boy did the fairies move in, there are a heap of the little creatures hanging out in there now.





I am not sure who is more exciting about play fairies in Lil Miss's Fairy Garden, her or me.

If you have made a fairy garden for anyone special and have blogged about it I would love for you to post a link in the comments.

x Renee

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs